Tuesday 6 June 2017

PASSION FOR PROMARKERS CHALLENGE #397: MAKE A KINETIC CARD


Its time for another exciting challenge at Passion for ProMarkers, and this week, our talented Nat has chosen the theme: Make a Kinetic Card!  Be sure to also check out the incredible inspiration the rest of the design team have created for you!

Here's my creation for the week:







I saw a great shed-type card on Pinterest some time ago, which I wanted to try, and I thought it would perfectly match one of the Paper Shelter stamps, called Motorcycle Mechanic, which I have coloured with ProMarkers.  I added a gear and a silver brad to the motorcycle.

To make the actual card, I used papers from the DCWV Good Wood stack, and docrafts Mr Smith's Workshop, as well as a sheet of corrugated foil.  I added tiny little brads from the Mr Smith's Workshop collection to the shed doors, and a door handle from Prima's Tiny Junkyard Findings collection.  Inside the shed, I added water pipe parts from Prima's Junkyard Findings collection, a lightbulb from Ribtex, a toolbox, hammer and spanner brads from Eyelet Outlet, and tools hanging from a shelf, from the Mr Smith's Workshop collection.  The actual shelf was cut from a small kebab stick.




And now onto the 'moving parts' of my card...


I have used 3 little Tim Holtz gears with a tiny brad through the centre of each to hold it in place, but still allowing it to spin around the brad.  They have been placed with their teeth interlocking.  I have then glued a spanner to one of the brads, so that when you twirl the spanner, all 3 gears rotate against each other.





I had a lot of fun making this card, and I can't wait to see what you come up with this week!  All Dressed Up is offering our lucky winner 2 digi images of their choice this week, so be sure to enter the challenge!


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

A Gem of a Challenge #195 For the boys/Men

Jo's Scrap Shack FFC #190 Anything Goes
Polkadoodles Craft Challenge Week 21 Anything Goes
Glitter 'n' Sparkle Challenge #241 Anything Goes
Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge 1722 Anything Goes
Creative Fingers Challenge #131 Anything Goes
Crafting With Friends Challenge 44 Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Linda



10 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card! The stamp is so cute. Love the shed doors and any man would be in heaven inside. Your moving gears are ingenious! Loved the video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous card Linda, and truly kinetic with it's moving parts, I struggled with this challenge. The image is just fab and works beautifully with all your themed embellishments.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Linda, that's amazing! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness!! This is incredible!! I LOVE how you combined the digital image with the 3-D embellishments to create a working mechanic shop!! Genius idea! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so stinkin' cute. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aahhh! Thank you! I made a birthday card for my 25 yr old son in April that had Tim Holtz gears and a motorcycle on it 'cause he's into motorcycles! He's got 2 of them and is now storing in our garage....the little twerp! He lives at an apartment bldg so no storage.
    You know, I might have to card jack this one tho - totally reminded me of my son.
    Very clever! So you're not so bad yourself toots!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fab. Love how it opens up and the charms you have added. I have joined your lovely blog and would be over the moon if you joined mine. Thank you for joining us over at A Gem of a Challenge and good luck. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card!!! I love your creativity ~ if I received this it would definitely go in my place of honor ~ under the cake dome!!!!! Thanks for playing along at PIP Challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just awesome so clever. Fab card love all those gorgeous papers. Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Crafting challenge wk 20/21 Helen DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous make! Thanks so much for joining us at Polkadoodles this time.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving your comment! Pop back any time!